Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sometimes you just want the throw your computer out the window and forget learning anything. Seriously. Thankfully, today is not one of those days, but yesterday was and so was the day before. I'm actually doing really well with this tutorial, but the sheer amount of ways you can do things vs. the way you should is a little daunting. Not to mention there was a change at some point (I admit, I have no idea) and now the old way of Ruby-ing is now, well, old. So I spent some time learning about 'hash rockets' (which sounds like they should be something expensive you buy in Amsterdam), only to be told that No, that's ye olde way and now here's the new way. Just, bleh. At least now I am making relatively few mistakes as long as I go slowly and try to remember which bracket I need to use. So many brackets. Bracket-tastic.

I have to come up with something to post (is that the right word?) on Git and I do have any idea, but I'm not sure how much of it will even make sense yet. Git is strangely intimidating to me, possibly because it's full of people who know what they are doing, and I don't!

I suppose I really should tweet that there's a new post, shouldn't I? 

Sims related post coming soon, once I have some time! I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment